Merrell Bare Access Flex 2 Women
News that incorporates the Merrell Bare Access Flex 2
Merrell has touched the most important points of the shoes, the top or upper, the sole and the last. It remains a very light shoe, about 210 grams and vegan.
In the Merrell Bare Access Flex 2 the upper part has been completely renovated. In this case, Merrell is committed to a textile type mesh with a high mechanical resistance, reinforced with thermosealed TPU, with which durability in this aspect is guaranteed.
Another novelty of the Bare Access Flex 2 is the sole. The M Select ™ GRIP is still used, but it adds a harder compound to the back. The pattern also changes, with 2 mm blocks with a square shape in the front and triangular blocks in the back. With this distribution Merrell wants to convert the Bare Access Flex 2 into a more versatile shoe, providing traction in the parts that are necessary.
Finally, the shoe is included in the Merrell Barefoot 2, whose construction improves proprioception and stability in a wide variety of movements. The width of last is the same as in the Bare Access Flex, but the sole protrudes from the top, providing more contact surface.
With regard to minimalist features nothing has changed. They have anatomical last with drop 0, ample space for the movement of the fingers and without lateral reinforcements or system that tries to correct the tread. They are flat, very flexible and with a low weight, 210 grams for size 42.
The sole has lines of flexion to improve flexibility and draws a slight contour in the area of the arch to improve the fit of the shoe to the foot. This contour is similar to what we see in other shoes of the Merrell Barefoot line and yields with the use.
Use and Recommendation
- Thanks to the new sole of Bare Access Flex 2 can be used for running and walking on asphalt, trails and soft trails, both wet and dry
- They are indicated for all those who want to strengthen their feet and improve their running technique without drastically reducing their weekly mileage
- For cushioned runners who want a 0 drop shoes, wide for the fingers, with low weight and good protection
- For runners who wish to progressively change to a natural racing technique, less injurious
- For minimalist runners looking for minimalist sneakers for long runs and for those who want to compete with greater protection without sacrificing the breadth of last, drop 0, good flexibility and without any type of foot control systems
Regarding the fit, the Merrell Bare Access Flex size is the same as the last version. For more information we recommend reading How to choose the right shoe size and watch the video.